Pages

"Write Your Own Beautiful Story" Welcome to Coollynn's site

Here life lessons are learned through my own true life events and wonderful short stories told by you the bloggers. If you have learned a wonderful life lesson through living life then I want to read it. I am currently working on my second book, "Living life Perfectly Imperfect." And it's filled with short stories taken from my personal experiences and what I learned from them. So, what ya waiting for? Come on join me in becoming a mentor and share what you have learned. We all have a beautiful story to tell. I wish you all well, Cool Lynn.















Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Are The Mistakes We Make In Life Really Mistakes?

Mistakes? Do we really make mistakes in life? Are they really mistakes?

     How do we learn? Through others vicariously and our own mistakes. If we lived, what we think is the perfect life, where nothing really bad ever happens except the loss of a parent, (as it should be) and we are never pushed or tested to the limits of our physical and mental capability, then is that a life? No, that's just populating the planet. Some of us may be nervous little squirrels stressing about hoarding for the future as the surrounding enviorment dictates our life experiences. Some are sheep breeding, following the flock and having a herdsman care for their best intrest. And if your in a wolf pack, and your not Alpha, your stressing about what the others think and feel about you pissing yourself.

     Think about it, is the perfect life really perfect? Do we need to make mistakes and are they really mistakes? Mistakes are necessary to everyone on this planet and someone has to make them or no one learns. If you have ever learned anything in your life vicariously then thank that person because you didn't have to go through it. If you have ever been strong enough learn from your own mistakes, be thankful for the lesson because most of us are not strong enough and end up getting lost in our losses, wallowing in regret and shame, never learning from it and passing it on. (Why me?) The shame of our mistakes keeps us silent as we watch others floundering not realizing that our mistake was their lesson never taught. The deep shame we hide over the mistakes we have made and didn't share or teach, reveals itself in the harsh criticism we unleash on others who make mistakes.

     I have come to the conclusion that there really is no such thing as a mistake. I know it sounds unlikely that there are no such things as mistakes because everyone has had them and often marks them in their memories as the mistake I wish I didn't make. If I had not done this or that, than, this or that would have never happened. Oh my God what a horrible mistake I made when I married him or her because my life was ruined. Now look what I have to deal with. If I had not had that 5th child, or bought that house, or gotten that dog or even robbed that bank or lied or made that bad investment, I would not be in this situation now.

     Yes, our own actions cause the situations we find ourselves in but, it is when we are in them we learn and so do others. We are all in this life together. We are each a gift to everyone else on this planet. Just by being who we are we teach. But, what are we teaching? If our life experiences are that of  a sheep then that's the gift we give. If we have lived a horrible life filled with mistakes and intolerable situations that lead us to our demise than, that too is what we teach. And if we go out there and make mistakes and bring back lesson of recovery that gives hope and  likens us to others on this planet than, we become the real teachers.

     Mistakes, are they really mistakes or are they lessons we all need because, only through mistakes can recovery and rewards be earned, learned then passed on. Bravery and conviction, fortitude and compassion, wisdom and transference are all learned through mistakes someone had to make, to be able to pass them on to you. So, are they really mistakes or are they a necessary process to being alive and becoming a mentor. If you never failed then you have never had to pick yourself up then, what do you have to teach the 99% of the population who have? You teach them how to become sheep, squirrels, part of the herd, or how to piss your self in the presents of an alpha who has made many mistakes in order to get there. How can you teach them to ware the egg on their face well after a mistake and come out the other side triumphantly? How can you transfer life experiences you never had? You do it through someone who has had them using them as an example. Someone has to have had mistakes sometime during the existence of human life in order for all of us to learn or to be thankful for what we have.

     No, I don't think that mistakes are mistakes at all. I think that they are a necessary process for learning lessons for all of us. Mistakes are the syllibus for life. Without them there would be no ability to learn what life has to offer good and bad. It is through mistakes we learn. It is through transference they are passed on.

     Without mistakes we would be living, what we think to be, "The Perfect Life."  Then if so, we are sheep, squirrels and wolfs and if so, our souls would have no need to be here just to learn how to be breeders.

     Mistakes are necessary to everyone on this planet. So, if your one of those who have made them, forgive yourself for it is just the necessary process of an evolving soul and your doing what you can here on this Earth, to learn. If you haven't made mistakes thank someone you know who has for you have learned from them.

Each and everyone of us is a gift to learn from. I wish you well. Coollynn/Linda Pitt author of "What a Beautiful Story" ( filled with mistakes.) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skh6Bp_M_-o



    

No comments:

Post a Comment